On to a new recipe! Sorry for the delay in posting we were off driving to nc, finding a place in blacksburg and running a race in DC. Busy week and no time for blogging!
I went back to Two Peas and Their Pod when looking for dinner last night. I’m trying to keep the meals healthy for Jon but still incorporate things he likes and since it’s now finally warm/hot in WI I thought an easy summer salad would be tasty. I added chicken to the recipe for some extra protein and the husband approved! Here’s the recipe adapted from Two Peas.
- 1 box dry rotini pasta
- 1 package of chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 large seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 (12 oz) jar artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup balsamic dressing
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped basil
- Dash of onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, then rinse with cold water to cool.
- Cut chicken into cubes. Pour olive oil in a saute pan. Season chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, season salt, black pepper. Cook chicken through, remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, peppers, cucumber, artichoke hearts, and tomatoes. Pour the balsamic dressing over the pasta salad and gently stir to combine. Add the feta cheese and basil and stir again. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Chill until ready to serve. Top with parmesan cheese.