Cozumel, MEX | February 9-12, 2012 | The first of what we’re hoping to be annual ladies trips. Kristi and I decided to take a cruise to Cozumel. My first cruise ever and I had a blast. πŸ™‚ It was a four night cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. We both flew in, me from DC, her from Austin, and then headed to the port.Β 

We spent some time exploring the ship before finally heading to dinner. Our table mates were from Europe and were tour operators. Was fun to eat with them each night. Also we ate so much food. Every evening was so much food!! But so delicious. 

Our first full day on the ship we got up an ran (you can exercise on vacation!), before heading out to the deck to catch some rays and enjoy some cocktails. That afternoon we headed to the ice rink to watch an ice skating show. I wasn’t expecting much but they were actually great ice skaters. Lots of cool partnering work and lifting. I couldn’t believe they had this on the ship. That evening was formal night so we put on our good outfits and headed to the dining room for our delicious dinner. 

On Day 2 we made port in Cozumel. Kristi and I had decided to do a catamaran snorkel trip. We left the ship and found our little catamaran. They took us out away from shore and then loaded us up with snorkel equipment. We saw lots of pretty fish, before finally heading in to rest on the deck. The water was freezing and full of tiny jellyfish which weren’t fun, but once we got back to the boat and were handed the first of unlimited cocktails we enjoyed the rest of the trip. Some dancing was had on the rooftop – hilarious when we were going over waves. We took a stop at the beach for lunch, where we ordered some guac and chips because you should have real guac in Mexico right?! Then some beach time before heading back to the catamaran. After they brought us back to the main dock, Kristi and I decided to take a cab into downtown to see the shops and restaurants. We got some jewelry at one of the local spots and stopped by Senor Frogs. One of our last stops was at a street vendor with cute dresses that we each found one we liked. We cabbed back to the port, got a few trademark in front of ship photos before heading back on board for showers. We made it dinner and then started to crash. It had been a long awesome day! 

On the last day on the ship, we awoke to crazy waves. Apparently we were coming back into whatever storm had been hitting the US. It was almost difficult to walk the ship was so rocky. We decided to hang out in the hot tubs for a bit, before getting dressed for the day. A stop by Johnny Rockets for some milkshakes and then we put on some warmer clothes to go play mini-golf on the deck. Dinner of course was delicious as always and then we decided to hit the club for some dancing since it was our last night! We had a blast as always, dancing partners forever!

We woke up the next morning back in Florida, ate a quick breakfast and then it was off to customs and heading back to the airport. 

Great first girls trip. Here’s to many many more!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s