I promise I don’t only make pasta dishes but these have been too delicious not to share! I was again looking for something quick and easy as we’re only home for a few days and I didn’t want to buy lots of groceries to get us through the week. Luckily for me, Two Peas and Their Pod posted a beautiful looking Mexican Tortellini Salad that I knew we had to try.
I made some alterations to the recipe (mostly due to not having a food processor at the moment to make the dressing!) and the end result was fantastic. I think Jon would have had 3 servings if he didn’t need to save some for other meals.
So if you’re looking for something tasty, quick and easy to make this is the summer salad recipe for you!!
- 20 oz fresh or cheese tortellini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can corn (no salt added)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 1/2 cup taco cheese
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- Dash of seasoning salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of onion powder
- Dash of garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pour the tortellini into a large bowl. Toss with balsamic vinaigrette to keep the tortellini from sticking.
- In a small fry pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add drained corn and black beans. Add seasoning salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until warm and cooked through.
- Add corn and black bean mixture to pasta. Toss in tomatoes and cilantro. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more to cool dish. Add avocado and cheese before serving.