Tis the season right?? I had some leftover canned pumpkin (was an experiment to settle Loki’s tummy- he was NOT a fan) and so Jon was like please make some pie. Well- I’ve never made pumpkin pie before so I turned to the internet and to one of my fave site- SkinnyTaste. Sure enough, there was a skinny pumpkin pie recipe that I only altered a little and ended up tasting delightful so I had to share the recipe with you all!
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp whipped butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Add butter, and mix well. Using an electric mixer, mix in brown sugar, milk, eggs, egg whites, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake about 70 to 75 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 8 slices and serve with whipped coconut cream or whipped cream if desired.