I received Run Fast Eat Slow for xmas from my BFF and BRF, Kristi. I have to admit it’s set on my cookbook shelf for a bit as the spring semester has been a little crazy! But finally I pulled it down a week or so ago to try out some recipes. For a first go I thought I’d try the famed superhero muffins. Everyone’s been raving about them on IG so they must be food right??
OMG amazing. You would have no idea these are packed full of veggies. They are so tasty even the hubs was scarfing them down. I’ll leave the recipe below (the version I made) for anyone who hasn’t tried them yet (although I think I was in the minority of not giving them a try). SO GOOD.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cups.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (mix).
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Add to dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each to top. Bake until muffins are nicely browned and do toothpick test, 25-35 minutes.