Comin’ atcha with another delicious recipe from Run Fast Eat Slow. It has been my go to cookbook these last couple of weeks. We’ve tried out a few of the recipes but I hope to slowly work my way through most of it.
I was looking for something easy to eat for lunch this week. I’ve been eating salads with baked chicken which while healthy isn’t really filling (even when you have a superhero muffin for dessert.) So I opted to try these breakfast burritos (with a few changes for me). I made a batch for the week on Sunday (super convenient) then I just zap one a couple of minutes in the microwave at work and voila instant deliciousness. And filling! And healthy! Trifecta of happiness.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 burrito size whole grain tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15oz) can of chili beans (rinsed)
- Prep your tortillas. Tear 6 12×12 squares of aluminum foil. Place a tortilla in the center of each. Sprinkle cheese in center (in a line) of each, dividing equally.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Add eggs, salt, and pepper and cook until scrambled (well in my case). Remove from heat.
- Add egg mixture to tortillas, again dividing equally and along center line. Top each with 1/4 cup of beans.
- Roll up each tortilla like a burrito and seal foil. Store in gallon sized bag until ready to eat. Make sure to remove foil when microwaving!